FRITH SERVICE CONTRACTS LIMITED TRADING AS BRIGHTSIDE (the “Administrator”)
The purpose of this document is to provide you with information on our use of your personal data in accordance with the EU data protection regime introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679, the “Data Protection Legislation”).
In this document, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to the Administrator and its related entities and agents.
Your personal data
By virtue of your engagement or interactions with us or by virtue of you otherwise providing us with personal information on you or individuals connected with you (for example directors, employees, representatives or clients), you will provide us with certain personal information which constitutes personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Legislation. We may also obtain personal data on you from other public sources.
This includes the following information relating to you and/or any individuals connected with you: name, residential address, email address, contact details, claims history, and bank account details for cash reimbursements and credit card details.
How we may use your personal data
We, as the administrator, may collect, store and use your personal data for lawful purposes disclosed below:
- to provide this product care plan/warranty to you or to investigate, assess and pay claims under your plan (i.e. where this is necessary for the performance of the contract);
- where this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and/or
- for market research and tracking of sales data (i.e. where this is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of us or a third party and such legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms and provided that we are acting in a fair, transparent and accountable manner and have taken appropriate steps to prevent such activity having any unwarranted impact on you and also noting your right to object to such uses, as discussed below).
Should we wish to use your personal data for other specific purposes (including, if applicable, any purpose that requires your consent), we will contact you.
Why we may transfer your personal data
We may share your personal data with our affiliates, agents and the underwriter of your plan.
We anticipate that the following affiliates and agents will process your personal data on our behalf and this may include certain entities located outside the EEA:
- Relevant repair agents
- Relevant service providers
- Relevant insurance provider
The data protection measures we take
Any transfer of personal data by us or any of our related entities and agents outside the EEA shall be subject to appropriate safeguards being in place in accordance with the conditions in the Data Protection Legislation. Please contact us if you wish to obtain more information on the appropriate safeguards. See “Getting in touch” below.
We and our related entities and agents shall apply appropriate information security measures designed to protect data in our/our delegates’ possession from unauthorised access by third parties or any form of computer corruption.
We shall notify you of any personal data breach affecting you that is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
Your data protection rights
You have certain rights regarding our use of your personal data such as:
– the right to access your data (in an easily readable form);
– the right to examine and correct your data;
– the right to data portability;
– the right to restrict the use of your data;
– the right to withdraw any consent given to the processing of your data (where applicable);
– the right to receive information regarding any entities we disclose your data to;
– the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commission.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your data where we have considered this to be necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
Our retention of your personal data
We or our related entities and agents may retain your personal data for such a period as required by any applicable laws or regulations or for such as period as may be permitted in accordance with the lawful purposes or our legitimate interests outlined above. Thereafter, we and our related entities and agents will refrain from collecting any further personal data on you and shall take appropriate steps to dispose of any records containing your personal data, to the extent this is operationally feasible and proportionate.
Getting in touch
We are not required to designate a data protection officer. However, should you have any queries or wish to discuss your data protection rights with us, please contact by email at [email protected] or in writing to,
The National Warranty Manager
Unit 85/86, First Floor Boardwalk
Omni Shopping Centre